Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Get On With it

There is something I realized recently, about myself and about girls in general. Now I know that I don't have a blog fanbase...yet...but, when someone somewhere reads this blog by happenstance I want them to go away with inside information into the female psychey. Us girls go for guys who are all wrong for us. If we're smart, we go for the jocks. If we're mysterious, we go for the musicians. If we're innocent, we get sucked into big time messes like drugs, alcohol,...and other nasty transgressions. BUT....if we're lucky, if we're normal, we come out of that phase spick-n-span, ready for Mr. Right. Some of us end up waiting....and waiting....and waiting some more for that Mr. Right, our McDreamy/McSteamy/Mc(add your adjective here).

As my blog was begun for the sole purpose of an inside look at the decisions a young teenager is forced to make about college, careers, life plans, etc, I find it very important to share that I too went through a phase...not nearly as bad as others, but a phase nonetheless. I had a crush on the bad guy, Maxwell. Everyone warned me about him. He had flunked two grades, a full two years older than I. In fact, we share our birthday, July 26. I couldn't shake how I felt about him. I kept thinking, if only he would like me, if only he would look my way, I would be able to change him. I don't know how to explain it. Our friendship began when we were forced into becoming Math/Science partners in 8th grade. (It was the second time he was in this class so it kind of helped me more than it him) He didn't seem so bad once I got to know him, and before long, I was hooked. All my friends thought I was crazy for even thinking that we would be compatable. My crush went on for two years. The last time I heard from him, it was the summer I turned 16 amd he 18. We were going to be Juniors in high school. He dropped out and, last I heard, he committed some crime and is now facing criminal charges. I guess noone could change that guy. He wasn't who I thought he was.

Now, I'm going to be a senior and I have no boyfriend. And, for right now, I'm definitely ok with that. My message is to all the girls that, at one time or another, felt the way I did about Max. Don't settle for someone who you would have to change. Because, more likely than not, he WONT change for you. Find someone who is a perfect fit for you right off the bat. That is my lesson to you gals for the day. Thanks for listening....

No comments: